The other day, Laura said to me, “I’ve noticed you wear tights a lot, as pants.”
I said, “Yes,” because she was correct. Thick tights, a long shirt, and boots or flats are a staple in my wardrobe.
She continued, “You’re so brave.”
I nodded, “It’s the bravest thing I do.”
And then, as I held back a tear, I whispered, “I’m so glad someone finally noticed.”
Here are some other brave things I do:
- Cancel my gym membership by waiting for my credit card to expire and neglecting to provide the gym my updated credit card information.
- Use the internet.
- Tip baristas, even when my coffee tastes terrible, because that could have been me, making terrible coffee. Fate just dealt me a different, better hand.
- RSVP early and often to party invitations.
- Selectively “like” untagged photos on Facebook, so the user knows I took the time to go through their album of photos one-by-one.
- Eat multivitamins, once in while.
- Tell people I’m “on the way and traffic is looking bad” when I am standing in front of my closet, debating polyester or wool.
- Take public transportation.
- Slay ennui by writing comedy sketches and demanding everyone read them and give me feedback, but probably not take the feedback, because Picasso didn’t accept feedback either, maybe.
- Hoard, because you never know when you’ll need something again.
- Host a book club.
Gosh, that list was really easy to write.